Monday, July 25, 2005

wisdom and stature

Will has been staying with my parents for over a week now. Whenever, you don't see an 11 year-old kid for a while, you can expect to be surprised at how much they've grown. Even if they haven't. We tend to remember kids as smaller than they actually are, so when we get a glance at reality, it always takes us by surprise.
So imagine my surprise when I received this photo of Will sitting upon my cousin's Clydesdale. The Clydesdale is a majestic draft horse that dwarfs even the wagon of Budweiser it is so famous for pulling. So you can imagine my fear/pride at seeing what a week of fresh mountain air has done for the stature of my pre-teen, he-man son.
When he was a wee baby, I would always look at his huge hands and say, this kid is going to be a horse. Well, seeing him on a horse, certainly proves that he is not a horse, but he is clearly as big as one.
Ride on Willby. The Roharrim are envious. You are my hero.

|