Thursday, July 01, 2004

bloogle banner ads

so before you continued reading, look up about 3 inches. See it? That ad at the top of the page? Probably, you've ceased to even notice it, because its always there. For about the first 3 months of my blog, it aggravated me badly, I considered posting by ftp to my own domain so that the ad would disappear. Messes up the look of the page, annoying, intrusive, and commercial. At some point though, I started enjoying it. It is always entertaining to see what reference has been grabbed from my blog and turned into a commercial for some strange product. My favorite, though, by far, is when I actually beat the system, and it posts, "this blank space brought to you by google." So from time to time, I might try intentionally to beat the software, but right now I'm going to just toss out a few things and see what sticks.
So humor me, ok?

Today while I was cutting the grass, a cricket jumped out onto the sidewalk. The game lasted 6 hours before it was squashed by a stump mallet, which threw the politician off and he landed on his democrat.

ok, so this is really just a solicitation for comments. While I'm writing this the ads at the top of the page are for breakfasts and pancake mix. When you read this post, please list in the comment box, what the banner ad is.

|