Tuesday, June 29, 2004

going out and coming in

I never like to return by the same way that I came, that is unless, I've taken a wrong road. Then I have to turn around and retrace my path until I arrive at the right road. Otherwise, I always try to return by a different route. In this way, a simple ride becomes a trip. I don't go somewhere and come back, that is not progress. I want always to move forward. I always want to be going somewhere, never coming back. Even if I'm wandering, no time wasted if I wander home by a different way.
I don't even enter and exit the house by the same door. I never realized this about myself before. If I go out by the front door, I come in by the garage. Vice-versa.
Sometimes it takes me 30 minutes to get there and 2 hours to get home. Don't worry, its biblical. The magi were told to return home by a different way.
I don't go to the store and come home. I go home and stop by the store on the way – even if I was home to start with. I guess this is also how I justify pointless rides. Manufactured journeys where thoughts hit my head like bugs on my face shield. To come home by the same route would be a waste, for I've already collected all the thoughts along that road.
I never get lost, because I know the way home, and everything is on my way home.
Anyway, these are the thoughts that hit my face shield today while I was on my way home.

|