Wednesday, May 26, 2004

teenager moment

Way back in high school, I was getting on the interstate at the west end of huntington and had to change lanes. There was a camaro in the lane I needed to be in and he wouldn't let me over. I'd slow down, he'd slow down. I'm about to run out of lane so I act like I'm going to race him to the bridge. Of course I couldn't and didn't have to, as soon as he recognized the false challenge, he punched his camaro, made up for his lack of testosterone with fossil fuel exhaust, and disappeared out of sight. I got on the bridge without bother.
Today, I'm trying to get on I-26 and a MINIVAN won't get over. I slow down. He slows down. I speed up, he speeds up. Now if he were on two wheels and was a Ducati, or Beamer, I'd have just duped him like the camaro. But a minivan? Why play games? I'm about to run out of acceleration lane, so I found out how much acceleration lane is needed on my bike. Not much. I won't tell you how fast how quickly, but a minivan was no match.
See ya, vanagon. And here's an ear full of decibels. Stay off the autobahn.
Sorry mom.

|