Monday, February 09, 2004

let me tell you about my password

I’ve been infected. I guess it’s the new system. I’ve been content for a long time running the old system. Sure there was a faint desire to upgrade. There’d be a cool new version of some software I was running that I couldn’t use because of the old system. I’d think about it and go on with the old stuff. Finally, though, I reached the end. I couldn’t even get stuff I needed anymore without the new system. I’d gone as far as a man can go with the old system. So I gave in. Submitted to the call of progress. Zip (unzip) bang boom error repair schlam restart and I’m back in action. New and improved.
But what’s this? I turn my back and my computer logs on to the net. Goes about blabbing everything. Always wanting to upload some secret information to someone else’s system. I guess with the old system I was immune to such urges. Now all kinds of cyber bugs are worming their way into my cyber sanctum. Compelling my computer to cry out, “hello, here is Rod’s secret password to happiness and riches”. I don’t know whether to disinfect this thing or be inspired by it.

|