Friday, November 21, 2003

Fog blur Blog


Well, I don’t know if this is going to turn into the continuation of Tuesday’s post or not. That continuation has been taking place in my head and being jotted in various places in my clié all week. I did vow, though, after jotting things down that way, to start afresh when I actually organize it. The whole week as been a blur fog blog. I’m really tempted to just list everything I had to do this week to really make the point. I’m always saying that there are those whose perceptions of stress and busyness are so different from mine that they really have no idea. I’ve heard a co-worker say she was coming in late in the morning because she wasn’t going to get home that night until 9:30p. So how do you successfully solicit sympathy from someone like that? You may as well say that in order to get food and drink when you were in prison, you had to run the 100m in less than 6 seconds. It’s not in the frame of reference. Oh well, to get your sympathy, I’ll just shorten my list, and trust you to understand that ain’t the half of it, ok?
My boss is out with pneumonia for two weeks. I’ve been covering his music appreciation class. Though I had to rearrange my private teaching schedule, I agreed because I thought it was just for one class. It turns into two weeks. Now I’m two weeks behind with several private students, and cannot find any time at all to plug them back into my schedule. I am really enjoying teaching his class, I just wish I hadn’t lost lessons that have to be made up. Meanwhile, I had several extra worship times to plan, prepare, pray and practice for. Two days this week I was at work for over 14 hours. Tuesday, I lectured for, literally, 5 hours plus my private students. I have not been to bed before 2:00a since last Sunday. I teach at 8:00a, by the way. Yesterday morning as I was leaving the house A told me W had a project due today and she wouldn’t be home from school til 9:00p. It involved video and editing. I said no problem, I get home by 5:30 on Thursdays and I have all evening with the kids. Then in the midst of the extraordinarily busy day, I find out I’ve got a meeting on campus from 4 –7. So I call my Thursday afternoon child care professional (thanks, Bing!) and she brings them to school for supper. We do his project after my meeting and I make it to bed at 3:15a.
I slept in this morning and missed the first two prayer day sessions.
I’m tired and old. I need a break. I’m going to take one. I’ve nearly convinced myself to take a college road trip Tuesday evening. You may have heard that the we’re experiencing a series of the largest solar flares ever recorded. I’m rapidly approaching 40 and have never seen the Aurora Borealis. I think in lieu of going into insurmountable debt buying a red sports car, I’ll drive as far north as possible next week and takes my chances with the magnetic field, the weather, and my old Ford truck. I’m figuring 20 hours can put me far enough north of Toronto to see something. So I’m going to sign off now, research weather, magnetic, and solar wind forcasts, and go to bed feeling relieved for whining to you about my week. It was actually a very good week in terms of lessons learned, encouragement received, and resolve gained. But if I had just told you that, you’d have no idea what it takes for me to learn a lesson. Gee whiz, (practicing for turning 40) I’m slow.
So, Matthew 18 is still running ‘round my brain. I’ll share it with you some more tomorrow. Good night Aurora Borealis.


|