Friday, November 14, 2003

Together We Are a Genius


And then, after all that, I was slapped with this this morning. Here is a verse that I’ve heard, quoted, thought about, explained; but when it was tossed out in Eugene Peterson’s verbiage, of course it stuck where it needed. That in itself is ironic, considering the passage and our time continuum context.
Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.

So this put me back at Greg’s comment that “the proper biblical response to ANY culture has always been to PRODUCE a COUNTER-CULTURE, namely a community of believers that love and care for one another to such an extent that it inevitably TRANSFORMS the culture at large!”

In my heart of hearts, that what I want; to be transformed by the renewing of my mind. That’s what I’ve been trying to do!! Isn’t that ironic?! I am trying to transform my mind.
Guess someone else is going to have to do it.

|