Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Where in North America is Uncle Rod? day 2.1

Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Wilkes-Barre PA
1:48pm

BRRRRRR…. I’m frozen through. I’m geared for rain today. I haven’t experienced actual drops yet, but the air is foggy and thick, keeping everything damp and cold. The clouds are barely above my head.
Very slow day so far as well. I came through small towns from Wilmington, DE, to Exton, PA. Averaged less than 30 mph, so my first hundred miles were slow coming. I also missed my entrance onto the Penna Turnpike in Allentown, having no idea which side of town I’d come out of the country on. So I went the wrong direction and exited where there was no re-entry. It took 45 minutes of heavy traffic meandering to get me 3 miles back to the turnpike entrance. When I entered, I needed to use the potty, but alas that would happen for another hour of bumping along the turnpike.
So here I am in Wilkes-Barre, warming my hands and prepping for the next leg toward Scranton.

And on to Ithaca…


|