Monday, March 03, 2008

night ride


night ride
Originally uploaded by rod lewis
I rode tonight. I wanted to ride to work today, but very little went as planned all day long. I couldn’t get my bike started, and eventually (rather quickly actually) drained the battery. So it sat in the garage and charged while I went about my day.
When I left the gym this evening the sun was peering through clouds and creating beautiful colors and silhouettes. I wanted to be riding while I watched them morph. I drove to the dam and watched the sunset before I came home and got my bike going.
So after dark, with Orion overhead, I fired up the windhorse and rode off into the night. It was a freedom I’ve needed. It’s been too long since I’ve taken a night ride. But of course the stars are still there forgiving my absence and welcoming me back.

|