Tuesday, September 18, 2007

autumn blue


autumn blue
Originally uploaded by rod lewis
as the sun gets ready to cross the equator this weekend and slide us into autumn, it's changing angle is beginning to color those October blue skies.
As I went out this morning and floated into the blue, I thought about Molly's question a couple years ago. "Dad, wonder how God knew that green would look so good with blue?"
I also thought about long lazy afternoons under these skies and turning leaves with Allison, and felt quite lonely for a moment. So I thought it would be appropriate to compose a cheesy poem for her. As I climbed into the truck, I spoke these cheese-filled words into the voice memo on my cell phone:

The sky is turning autumn blue
Oh my! what a wondrous hue
the only thing I want to do -
is sit beneath it now with you

|