Friday, October 21, 2005

much ado

I'm sitting in the sanctuary of a Lutheran church in downtown Columbia. Arched ceiling, high beams, huge painting of Jesus, and Wifi. I'm suspecting that in a couple years, there will be no urban setting where you can't pull out your laptop and be connected to the entire planet. Already, when I have work to do, I have to think extra hard to remember if the resources I need are actually on my computer, or if they are on the internet.
I can receive email from anywhere I'm connected, but i can only send from computer if I'm at home. Evidently, RR knows whether I'm sending through the IP they've assigned me. So if I'm away from home, I have to use webmail to send. That makes me think that those emails are only available from the server, when in fact, they've been stored on my computer. I've looked all over for a connection to retrieve things that are sitting my lap the whole time.
I know that this is a nonsense post, but I can't concentrate on anything worthwhile to write while I'm waiting on someone to call my name and tell me I'm needed to play someone down the aisle. So I notice that Molly has posted again today, and that if I'm not careful, she will steal all my readers. So I thought I'd better post something so that the ol' blog doesn't go stagnant while Molly's blooms.
I also have ample evidence to support my theory that people only comment on my blog if I post nonsense, so I thought I might be able to compete with Molly's high comment volume by just rambling on about nothing. Now, I'm not saying that she rambles on about nothing. I'm just saying that that seems to work for me.
So this afternoon I was te

|