Thursday, October 20, 2005

re-learn

it is very difficult to keep all the plates spinning during the school year. And during the summer, there is less of a need to keep them spinning. So it is easy to arrive at a place where some plates have not spun for months. I'm living in a batch process world. The batches are small, time wise, but sometimes loom large in the amount of work and preparation. I rush from one project or responsibility to another, as I know most of us do.
I play guitar officially, 3 or 4 times a week in front of a whole lot of people, but I don't really play. Times when I really play are getting fewer and further between. I need desperately to remedy that. Chops don't just lie dormant. Muscle memory snaps back, but the longer the dormancy, the greater the loss of elasticity. So tonight between prep for the normal weekly things, I'm multi-tasking with my guitar in my lap. It is a beautiful sound even in the struggle. If you're interested, though I know you've heard it before, here is what I'm playing for the pretty bridesmaids to stroll down the aisle, as chosen by the bride.

UPDATE: the link to the bride's strolling music has been repaired, (if you're interested, of course).

|