Saturday, July 17, 2004

stay vertical

More vertical focus today. The schedule was all askew today which helped make things a little fresher. I went to two seminars - Paul Baloche and Matt Redman. After lunch Louie Giglio delivered an amazing talk from his new book, "I am not, but I know I AM." The general session talks have been fantastic all week - Rick Warren, Bishop Joseph Garlington Erwin McManus, and Louie Giglio. After the talk, Matt Redman led in an hour of worship and then it was over. All over but the assimilating.
We went to Outback for supper. No rules, just right. One word for ya - Queensland Chicken and Shrimp.
After supper we went back over to Irvine Center to see a movie. I opted out and talked to Allison on the phone and cruised around watching people - little kids in fountains, punks, flamenco musicians, latin dancers, singer songwriters with acoustic guitar slightly more life-like than the day stage ones I've heard all week, and cartoon-like anatomical enhancements. It's Southern California, ya'll.
Oh, I found for Jack a gorgeous Latina. I was taking her baby brother's pic sitting on a fountain turtle. She had to know who I was and where I was from, did I have kids? How old are they? Is the 12-year-old A BOY? What's he look like?
Look out dad, the times they are a changin'.
It's off to the airport at 6:45, so I'm off to bed. See you tomorrow night.

|