Monday, October 27, 2003

Deliriou5?

Walked in an hour ago from a 7 hour drive back from West Virginia. Rained the whole way. The kids and I listened to music all the way home. I have been so challenged and moved by songs all day, as I drove I thought about how to bring it all together for myself into a blog for tonight. Well it all would have been a part of a big blog about the weekend, but when I came upstairs to begin, I read Greg's blog . The weekend blog will have to wait, because I'm about to blog Greg style.

Those of you who know me well know where my burdens lie - where my gaze is set - where frustration has beset. To you, these snippets that spoke to me may make sense, have meaning. Perhaps you can share in the culmination of my weekend, the 7 hour mobile church service in the rain, with the choir in the backseat and the king of fools driving the truck.

Sanctify, I want to be set apart, right to the very heart
Prophesy to the four winds and breathe life to this very place.
How long will it take?
How long will I have to wait?

Can I be used to bring about growth? to set about directed passion, relevant ministry? I feel intense vision and direction, only to be caused to question it. My answers invariably lead me back, but the struggle!

I want to go deeper, but is it just a stupid whim?
I want to grow weaker to be a help to the strong

Each year, for several, I've been growing increasingly optimistic about the students who've come across my path. Here are people whose faith is their own, whose faith has been strengthened through struggle, whose resolve is solid from responding to a non-resolute culture. But the established norm has responded negatively to them.

You may not hear it on the radio, but you can feel it in the air.

How can a sinful man, a non-leader, teach purity and help lead a generation into leadership and kingdom focus?

With You I'm washed as white as the snow, and all crimson stain becomes just a shadow
You know I would be blind without You so light up my way?


Finally, I stop asking questions for a while and just worship.

Keep me, keep me, keep me, keep me-

How I love You, all I am is You
King of love, I bow.

Jesus, friend forever.

|