Saturday, October 25, 2003

H. S. Link o' Chain

I wonder if the Holy Spirit forms prayer chains. Suppose there is someone you don’t even know that is in great need of prayer. They have a friend that you know. You feel an overwhelming compulsion to pray for your friend though you don’t know why. As it turns out, the overwhelming burden that you sense in your friend is in fact, a burden for his other friend of whom you are unaware. The awesome thing here is that you pray for the burden that your friend is carrying, so that ultimately you are praying for his friend. But, if you knew about his friend, and were praying for him, you wouldn’t be praying for your friend who is sharing in his burden. Meanwhile, the Holy Spirit, Who instigated the whole chain, is acting in both lives in response to the prayers that He prompted you to pray.
Afraid of bringing someone else’s burden into your hectic, stressful life? I’ll bet that the Holy Spirit would be willing to prompt someone to pray for you as you share the burden of your friend, who is sharing the burden of his friend.
Pray for me. I need it and my friends need it. I’ll pray for you.

© 2003 rod lewis

|