Sunday, October 26, 2003

Kingdom Business

Being about Christ's business means getting outside our Church doors as well as being fed inside. Often there is kingdom work needing done outside at the same time that something is scheduled inside. But be careful, no one inside will see you reaching people outside. They will be concerned that you are not being spiritually fed. Boldly do what Christ has asked, don't cast aside corporate study and worship, and fellowship with other believers, but don't allow it to move your focus off kingdom business. Assure the skeptics that you have food about which they know nothing.
We have become so deceived, misdirected, insular, and selfish that we think that Christ's church exists to preserve our idea of style and entertain us with what makes us comfortable.
But that's just my rant, I'm sure you have yours. I will keep doing my little thing, looking for who I can reach, doing what I can to reach them, ride on the prayers of those who share my burden and pray for those who don't.

©2003 by rod lewis

|