Sunday, July 02, 2006

power drain

Last week I tried to start Allison's bike and found the battery dead. I charged it until I got the starter to turn, but within minutes the battery was drained again. This is a procedure that has been repeated daily. Her brand new Interstate Batteries battery is fried.
I stopped at the Exxon on my way to the gym and when I tried to start my truck, the battery was dead. Thankfully, it was just a dirty connection, but this is an inconvenience that has repeated itself several times.
I got dressed to go to the mall with Allison and put my watch on only to realize that it had stopped hours ago.
I tried to take a picture of the 1 day old moon last week, but lo, the camera battery was spent.
Last night, I decided to trim my whiskers so I wouldn't have to worry about it before church this morning. I grabbed my trimmer, but it only lasted 10 seconds before the battery died. I charged it over night, but the same thing happened this morning.
This afternoon at the gym I spoke with at least a dozen people, inquiring as to how the were doing. Without fail, everyone said they were just too tired to be there.
Tonight I drove by a billboard advertising Texas Roadhouse. A huge, colorful, sparkly billboard. But just as I drove by, the sign went completely dark. Not a light shone. Poof. Dark.
Come to think of it, I don't think I have enough energy to type another key.

|