Friday, December 31, 2004

numbers

It has just come to my attention that, effective as of midnight tonight, the number, 5 will replace the number, 4 at the end of all my blog headings. I vaguely remember a similar mandate about a year ago, and squeak as I did, I never got the grease. I was perfectly happy with a 3 at the end of the headings, and though I was less than willing to have it changed to 4, I eventually accepted what I could not change, and have grown accustomed to it. Now that I have essentially quit thinking about it altogether, boom, they go and change it again.
I can also remember several times in grade school when I was force to change the number that I habitually wrote at the top of all my assignments. I would try to sneak by with the old number for a few months, but the teacher would always scratch it out and change it to the new number, and add some kind of scolding remark.
It seems we can't leave well enough alone. And you can bet that I'm going to be looking at other folks' blogs to find out if they too are getting kicked around like this, or if it is just me.
If it's just me, well, I'm switching blog hosts. At any rate, please enjoy the 4 at the top of this post, because it's the last one you're going to see for a while.

|