Thursday, December 30, 2004

time piece

went to the mall today. That's the second time in less than a week. Before that, I have no idea when was the last time I was in a mall. Ok, come to think of it, I think I told you about it. Anyway, today I went to look for a new watch.
My last watch was a wrangler watch from Wal-mart. I paid 14 dollars for it a couple years ago and it finally bit the dust a few months ago. Other than that, I've got a few Popeye watches that don't always seem to say what I want to say with my timepiece. They basically say, "I yam what I yam." But I need a watch that says that's not all that I yam. So with some gig money from Christmas time, I set about finding a one-watch-goes-everywhere watch. One of those manly/metro/I-won't-wear-just-any-ole-walmart-sundial watches. So Al and Will and Molly and I started browsing mall stores looking for such an item. When we finally made it to Watch World, the salesman said, "hey were you guys just down at the Sunglass Hut?" "Yeah," I said, "just a few minutes ago." So he reached behind the counter and pulled out a watch and said, "here's the watch you asked me to pull." "Oh, that wasn't us," I said. But I bought it anyway. It's a sleek, black, Skagen. Definitely the coolest watch I've ever owned, thanks to Christmas gigs. No doubt, the first watch I've ever owned with a lifetime warranty. And all for less than you'd pay for a fine guitarist at your Christmas special event.
So with watch on wrist, and more style than I know what to do with, I slipped by the hairdo place to get a haircut while Al and the wee ones grabbed some grub at the food court. Al thought I was so awesome with my new watch and haircut that she couldn't leave me alone, so we rented Bourne Supremacy, built a fire, sent the kids to bed, popped some corn and watched television together. We even held hands.

|