Friday, March 19, 2004

if I'd known you were coming, I'd have baked a cake

I learned that birthday blogs for the children are quite easy compared to blogging for the wife. How can mere words spoken in public speak to 22 years of friendship? How can sentences capture what’s been said through years of intimacy? Can I write a poem that expresses what only a look, a touch, a kiss, could ever say? Would any prose gently written offer the feeling of security and solace of having you even in the next room existing in the same continuum as I? I can say, nor write nothing new that begins to capture the joy of an old and constant friend and lover who makes each day new by being there. May our life continue to be one of firsts. Today I woke beside a 40 year-old for the first time in my life. The excitement never ends.
Welcome to the back nine my love. I already drove off the 10th tee. Watch the dog leg left.

|