Tuesday, February 24, 2004

cyberdeck dialogue

It was colder than I thought it was going to be. But, at least for the first few hours, no one wanted to go inside. We just kept huddling closer to the fire. The physical multi-blog. The cyberdeck unneeded because the physical deck is occupied.
I’ve got the best wife in the world. I’ve got the best friends in the world.
I’ve got all kinds of strange thoughts and emotions about this weekend. I feel proud that when Allison went down the list of perfect gifts for a 40th birthday, she arrived at “surrounded by friends”. I am humbled that I was deemed worthy of the sacrifice of an evening, let alone hours of travel and a whole weekend. Thank you Jolie and little C. Thank you Esther. Thank you Brenda. Thank you Jenny. Thank you Allison. Te amo.
It will take a long time for this to wear off. Even the communal fork and cake at 3:00am. So there will be no need to remember my birthday from now on. Savvy? I’m headed down the hill. Chris and Greg and Mitchy… take your time coming up, ok?

|