Saturday, July 26, 2008

look at me!!!!!


look at me!!!!!
Originally uploaded by rod lewis
July 23, 2008
7:30am
West Memphis, Arkansas
(691 miles) (691 miles)

It is really quite difficult not to develop a destination – to begin living in the future. I woke up so early this morning that it was still dark for quite a while. I began to think of how early I could get to Tulsa if I got moving right away. But of course, I thought of how much I wanted to go back into Memphis and have a walk about. I truly began to consider skipping Memphis and all it’s musical magic to rush myself off to Tulsa where I have no plans whatsoever. I merely plan to sleep in Tulsa. I’d plan to feel Memphis.
I even thought, that if I got out early, I may keep moving past Tulsa, and get ahead of my schedule. Why is it that we have such a tendency to get ahead of ourselves? We are so product driven and destination-minded that we often miss the importance of the process and journey. Truth is, there are products whose only purpose is the process that produced them. Surely destinations are among them.
The point of the journey is not to arrive.

|