Saturday, March 11, 2006

preview

I was outside the entire day today. I worked on my truck from 10:00am to 6:30pm. It was 80 degrees with forecast thunderstorms. The thunderstorms never came, so I worked through the day. Got my first sunburn of the year. I had no idea until Jack told me I was burned. Bees were out, bumblebees and yellow jackets. The mosquitoes arrived at dusk.
At dark, I was still an hour from having my truck back together. When I came inside, my back was sore on the outside from the sunburn and the inside from bending over the truck all day. My arms were sore from cranking bolts and my hands ached from too many rapped knuckles. I had grease under my nails and in all the rough places on my hands. I ran an extremely hot bath, cranked up the jets and jacuzzied my self to relaxation and cleanliness.
I’m on the deck now under a three-quarter worm moon and listening to the frogs SING for the first time in over a year. They’re back.

|