Monday, April 04, 2005

scratch-n-sniff

On Friday morning, the wisteria had bloomed all over town. The Azaleas were blooming by the time I started home. The Dogwoods in our front yard are fully open. I don't think everything happened at once like this last year. Colors everywhere.
This morning Allison has a meeting at the hospital that started at 8:30am, 30 minutes after her shift is over. I've got meetings from 1:45p to 5p. So I thought I'd catch a quick breakfast with her before her meeting started. It didn't really work out, as I fought traffic and got there just as it was time for her meeting to begin. So I kissed her, took the coffee she'd bought for me, walked her to her conference room and drove back home.
Crisp, clear morning air. Gentle breeze. Ah, those colors actually smell. I know they sound. At night, when they can't be seen, they sound like frogs, chirping in the darkness. During the day, they sound like chicadees and mocking birds. But I'd forgotten that they smell. I was overwhelmed walking to my car this morning in the hospital parking lot, with the window down, driving up Bull street. I wish I could put scratch-n-sniff on my blog. But, I suspect you have or will soon have the same colors, sounds and smells as I have today. I just thought I'd encourage you to open your eyes, take a quiet walk and a deep breath.
Don't forget your Claritin.

|