Thursday, March 31, 2005

feed

I try to be very careful about how I use my blogspace. The majority of blogs that I happen upon seem to be commentary on news headlines. Compilations of the news for those without aggregators. Politics, sociology, etc. Surely we don't need another from someone like me. But sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut (fingers still).
Late this afternoon I was helping a student with his mid-term project for my MUS3302. We had to hit the net for a moment and the computer in the lab where we were working was set to compuserve.com as the home page in the browser. So we happened upon a collection of headlines and advertisements. Normally, I wouldn't even notice what page comes up when a browser opens as I would just quickly click on to where I was headed, but we were talking as the page loaded and when I turned around, I was struck by a very ironic juxtaposition of headline and advert.
Ok, so maybe I will keep my mouth shut. Here's a capture of the webpage. You create your own commentary about the irony of the woman in the bottom left hand corner of the page, and the advert in the top right corner.
I shed tears.

|