Wednesday, August 04, 2004

there goes my girl

This morning I blogged more thoughts about the r30 concert, then changed my mind and decided to spare you my normal post-big-event-blog-series. I can’t help it if I’m wired that way. Nothing just happens in my life, I have to dwell on it for days afterward. So I’m still dwelling and blogging, but today I’ll give you a break. Instead I’ll tell you what’s going down here.
Allison left this afternoon for Manila. Right now she’s sitting in a chair in the airport in LA. She’ll leave for Taipei at 1:30 PDT, and then sit in Taiwan for a long time before leaving for Manila. She’ll arrive in Manila on Friday morning at 11:00am local time. Man, that’s a chronologically long journey. Don’t worry though, I’ve got three kids here to take care of me. I’m thinking of making the kids stay up into the night so that I won’t get lonely after they go to bed. I’m used to sleeping single in a double bed for 2 nights each week, but 10 nights in a row? I might make her get her own room when she gets home. Ha, just a little sarcasm.
Al will be doctoring while she is there, as well as some other things. She’ll have email access, so hopefully I’ll stay updated.
So tonight I pray:

Lord, take Allison safely to the task You have for her. Over desert, mountains, ocean and culture. Show Yourself to her at every turn, in every face. Show her where to be, what to do, and what to say at every moment. Inform her diagnoses and treatments. Overflow her with humble compassion. Expand her capacity to love and comfort as she ministers to strangers who need You just like we do. Draw her attention to You so that she can recognize You as You come to her to be cared for. Teach her what You have for her to learn.
Bring her home safely to me.


|