Tuesday, October 05, 2004

first fire of fall

I'm wise enough to pack a jacket when I leave for work on Tuesdays in the warmth of late morning. But I'm not wise enough to know how much jacket to pack. Tonight when I rode home at 10:30, the air was very chilly. When I came in the house, it felt toasty, but I couldn't shake the chill. So I went out on the deck and started a fire. The first fire of fall. The deck is now lit with a warm welcoming glow. Smell it? Feel it? Hear it calling you? There's even a hoot owl out tonight calling.
Allison took the bait and switched off Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom to come out and be with me. We sat together and complained about most of the stuff that needed complaining about. Neither of us had any answers for the other. We both had a hand to offer though.
Come on over. Sit for a while. I'll introduce you to my mistress peaking through the trees.

|