Sunday, January 01, 2006

does anybody really know?

You may remember that I got a new watch almost exactly a year ago. I’ve been without it for some time now because the band broke, as bands are wont to do. Turns out that one can’t just run to Wal-mart and replace the band as it is fitted to the design of the watch. Also seems that retailers that sell the watch can’t sell replacement bands, so it took some tracking down, including voice mails and returned voice mails via voice mails, to find a way to contact Skagen and receive a new band. It was finally accomplished and I replaced the band last night before I went to bed.
This morning at church, when I looked at my wrist and saw the time, I realized that I was 17 years, 4 months, 7 days, 9 hours and 23 minutes late.
I just can’t keep up.
But at least now I know it.

|